1) Scan it in – I recommend scanning in all documents you receive by mail or in-person as soon as possible. That way the piles don’t get bigger.And any searchable scanned document comes in handy when preparing paperless workpapers for tax season.
2) Get it done now – Manage your due dates. What is due first? Get those things done now while moving all your other projects forward at a reasonable pace. Review the status of all your projects at least on a weekly basis to make sure everything has been filed or extended by the due dates.
3) Exercise – It clears the mind and keeps us focused. Fresh air definitely helps too.
4) Overzealous note taking – Take digital notes in your project management system to keep track of items missing, significant correspondence, and a summary of all actions taken so far on each client.
5) Quick response time to clients – Make sure a few days doesn’t go by without responding to clients.
6) Breathe – Don’t forget to breathe and relax. Turn off distractions and get ‘heads down’ focused work time at 45 minute to 1 hour increments. Don’t forget to breathe.
image credit stress-management-for-peak-performance.com